How to Be One of the Youth Citizen Entrepreneurship Competition Finalists?
Published on: 18.05.2017
Members of the Youth Citizen Entrepreneurship get excited! Because you are supporting innovation, change and creating values. Now that the voting process has started you have the chance to support your or someone else’s dream and be one of the finalists.
No matter if you have submitted an entry or not, your vote and engagement are important because any of the final ideas and projects can have a major impact and bring innovation to a community.
The finalists will be determined according to the following ‚Personal Activity Indicator’ algorithm:
- The entrant’s personal engagement among the Entrepreneurship Campus community by commenting and giving advice to other entries. You should check other ideas and projects and share suggestions and recommendation with other members. You have to respect the code of conduct about commenting and voting. You have to make constructive comments, ask questions, don’t judge, encourage dialogues and don’t insult or blame.
- The number of meaningful comments the entrant’s idea/ project has received from the online Entrepreneurship Campus community.
- The number of online courses and related exercises in entrepreneurship education (9 courses in total) the entrant has taken. The online training is free of charge. These courses help you to gain entrepreneurial skills and improve your idea or project.
- Special assignments the entrant has done. Special assignments in entrepreneurship education will be given to members of the Entrepreneurship Campus as the Competition goes onward. Special assignments will be posted on the News & Blog web page.
- The number of votes the entrant’s idea/ project has obtained by 31 August 2017. All the approved entries are published in the Best Ideas 2017 and Best Projects 2017 categories.
Remember that each user is allowed to vote one time only for his/her favorite entry. They can comment or recommend their entry to friends or promote it on social media. It is important for you to know that the YCEC uses a voting system with various security backup mechanisms to recognize whether or not someone has voted in a fair or unfair manner.
The ‘Personal Activity Indicator’ clearly and deliberately rewards entrants who participate actively within the Entrepreneurship Campus. A bar will be displayed at the top of each single entry once that entry is accepted and posted on the Competition website. This bar ‚measures’ on a scale of 0-10 (0 stands for ‘no activity’ and 10 for ‘excellent activity’) the activity factor of each entrant in relation to all other entrants’ activities within the Entrepreneurship Campus. In that respect, the beam of the bar (0-10) may not permanently increase as the competition goes onward, but can also decrease again, depending on the entrant’s active engagement in comparison to its fellow entrants within the Entrepreneurship Campus online community.
(The weighting of the five determinants above are not made public, in order to avoid some manipulation).
Good Luck to all!