Best Ideas 2020 features all the nominated entries submitted under ‘Submit your Idea’ category. All the entries consist of innovative solutions or propositions for an enterprise that champions the Sustainable Development Goals. They can be on the conceptual, planning, or start-up stage.
No poverty : By the people for the people
Published on July 2, 2020 um 13:19
Explain your idea in details:
A total of 1 million children in the world are below the poverty line and 11% of the total population is suffering from hunger. If the remaining 89% pay the tax, the government can alleviate hunger and poverty with the help of social workers and other NGOs. It is the responsibility of the whole world, not just the government, to ensure that no one suffers from hunger or poverty. That is why if this tax is complied with, the hungry and poor people will get home, employment and food with the money coming from it. Even if you impose a 0.01% "poverty alleviation tax" on something, the poverty level will be very low in 10-15 years. This can be called a new type of tax. This can be applied directly or the part of the tax that is levied can be defined as a "poverty alleviation tax". And this tax should only be used to build infrastructure for the poor, i.e. for their houses and employment. The rest of the tax is used for other separate schemes. The "Poverty Alleviation Tax" will help alleviate poverty, the world's biggest problem.
Expected impact of your idea on sustainable development
The tax money raised by the people can be used to build houses for the poor and create employment for them. Most of the poor people are laborers so the house built by them can be given to them. the government and NGOs should provide them only required building materials. Also from tax money. Employment can also be given by opening a new shop or factory around his house. Therefore, the main purpose of this implementation is not only to help the poor but also to eradicate poverty. If the poor get a house and employment, they will come out of poverty on their own. And once helped, the poor will be helped forever. And it will also end the discrimination between the rich and the poor that has spread in the world.
Plans for implementation and sustainability
The main source of income is the taxes paid by the people and the donations received by the NGO. This is not only the responsibility of the government but also of social workers, NGOs and everyone. The government can easily make this a success with social workers and NGOs. Only 5% of this implementation can make a significant contribution to improving people's lives. Is there any forward strategy in this idea or not? I am happy to tell you that I have all the information from its implementation to its effect. First of all, taxes should be simple enough to suit the middle class. And if the team that is formed is completely under the control of corruption, then there will be no corruption in this. And a social organization to help the poor. So that not only the poor people have a home but also employment at a close distance means farming, labor and other such jobs. And the second question is why tax is necessary? Because we have to understand that it is our duty to eradicate poverty and hunger. Right now you give them food or money to alleviate poverty, but can it really end poverty? That is why if people understand the duty and responsibility for the people and pay this tax, then there will always be a solution for the people suffering from poverty and hunger.
I am a 19 year old Indian boy. I worked with some ngo for a while. The experience I got from there inspired me to think of this idea. And working on it, I felt that the idea was to work as a precise effort to alleviate the poverty of the poor rather than help them.
Stage of Idea