YOUR WASTE CAN SAVE A PERSON
Published on June 8, 2016 um 13:11
Explain your idea in details:
YOUR WASTE CAN SAVE A PERSON. My idea is to make a quality mosquito nets from a recycled plastic.Normally mosquito netting can be made from cotton, polyethylene, polyester, polypropylene, or nylon . And as we know some of those materials are expensive for example cotton is US cents 67 per pound.That is why a good quality mosquito net costs USD 32. In 2013 an estimated 198 million cases of malaria occurred worldwide and 500,000 people died, mostly children in the African Region.In 2015 Rates of disease have increased, there were 214 million cases of malaria worldwide.This resulted in an estimated 438,000 deaths, 90% of which occurred in Africa. As we can see most of the victimes are from Africa especially in rural areas .Does it mean there are no mosquito nets in Africa? No,there are mosquito nets in Africa. The question is, Are they affordable? Can a person who earns USD 70 per month afford to buy a quality mosquito net which costs USD 32 for all his family members? But from the plastic waste that cost nothing ,we can save a life of a child,mother,etc.We can make good and quality mosquito nets from recycling plastic waste. That a low income person can afford,According to Wikipedia Malaria is commonly associated with poverty and has a major negative effect on economic development that shows people who are mostly affected by Malaria are the low income people mostly from Africa region. Not only that we will be saving a life but we will be saving lives of the millions of people and providing employment at the same time for the same people and preserve our environment.
Expected impact of your idea on sustainable development
IMPACT OF MY IDEA ON SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT- Mosquito nets are considered one of the best ways of preventing malaria and other diseases that can be transmitted by mosquitos and flies.Therefore my idea is going to prevent malaria and save a number of people that are dying each day cause of malaria and at the same time because they could not afford a mosquito net. TARGET- My idea targets people with low-income especially in tropical and subtropical regions that exist in a broad band around the equator. This includes much of Sub-Saharan Africa, Asia, and Latin America. Especially people in rural areas with low income,for example in Gambia A mosquito net costs around GMD 750 (EUR 25), a price that many cannot afford, in Tanzania TSH. 30000/= (USD20),etc. MEASURES TO EVALUATE SUCCESS- 1.SECURE SUPPLY-Making sure of the availability of the product at all time and its raw materials(plastics) by obtaining contract for supply of plastic waste for recycling. 2.MANAGEMENT-Always for any company to be successfully needs a strong management. For my idea we need a strong management with broad-based,industry specific experience. 3.MARKETING- This is the most important success factor. As the famous business guru Peter Drucker said "The purpose of a business is to get and keep customers".Getting customers involves marketing indeed this success factor includes all kinds of marketing and sales. The key to successful marketing is to give the customers what they need which by my idea is a less expensive quality mosquito nets.
Plans for implementation and sustainability
YOUR WASTE CAN SAVE A PERSON.
- SUMMARY OF THE IDEA -The idea is to make good-quality and les expensive mosquito nets from recycled plastics such as water bottles, consumers beverage,etc.Due to the growth of plastics demands in industrial and consumer has led to an increased demand for recycled plastics. Therefore, the fast growing type of collecting plastic materials for recycling is polyethylene terephthalate(PET) from consumers beverage and water bottles.So we will have to create a PET cleaning and refining located in Major cities where the utilisation of plastic products is high by which it will collect all kind of plastics.
- PRODUCT-Recycled plastics will be used to produce Quality Mosquito Nets .
- PRODUCT DESCRIPTION-A mosquito net offers protection against mosquitos,flies,and other insects and thus against the diseases they may carry.Example Malaria,dengue fever,yellow fever and various forms of encephalitis,include the West Nile virus.To be effective the mesh of a mosquito net must be fine enough to exclude such insects without reducing visibility or air flow.
- START -UP REQUIREMENTS- Building of a recycling and extrusion facility,machinery and fixtures for sewing and making mosquito nets,and a start up fund for employees and management.
- IMPLEMENTATION AND SUSTAINABILITY- We will have to form wide relationships with other firms, NGOs and Associations that fights against Malaria in oder to obtain a significant contracts for our products.Also some amount of product will be sold by sales agents.
- COMPETITIVE COMPARISON- Quality and delivery are important factors.Price is most often factor in selling and buying.A good-quality mosquito net products manufactured from recycled plastic(Less expensive).We will be the most competitive and achieve a large market.
- FINANCIAL SOURCES- Investors of all kinds.
- COLLABORATORS- Can be other firms and associations that collect and distribute these raw materials such as recycled plastics,individuals recycling plastics depots,NGOs,Associations,etc
My name is Maymary Mathew,I was born in 06/05/1992 in Tanzania.I finished my primary education in 2005 at Kisutu Primary School and started my secondary education in 2006 at Zanaki Secondary School,and graduated in 2009.In 2010,I started my advanced secondary education at the same school and passed with Second Upper Division and awarded a scholarship to study my University Education in Algeria in 2013. I am currently finishing my Bachelors degree of French Language and Literature at Université Doran 2 Mohamed Ben Ahmed, Algeria and I am expecting to graduate on May 2016.Before starting my Bachelor degree in 2013, I took a one year course in speaking and writing French in 2012/2013 at Université de Tlemcen,Algeria and passed i was qualified to start my degree program but that was not easy as i did my primary,secondary and advance education in english language and decided to specialise in english language in High school.I am currently doing my final project on the problems thats Anglophones student encounter during learning French language. I have always dreaming of becoming an international entrepreneur.I am going to use my languages skills as a tool to develop my entrepreneurship ideas internationally. The idea of YOUR WASTE CAN SAVE A PERSON came when I visited my grandmother in 2014,and at the neighbours house there was a funeral of a five years old child died due to malaria,his parents could not afford to buy a mosquito net which cost Tanzanian Shillings 30000 (USD 20) and i asked my self why would something important as that be expensive?Why wouldnt a government take into consideration something like that? From there, I started researching all about mosquito nets.Thats when an idea of making mosquito nets from recycled plastic came into my head.YOUR WASTE CAN SAVE A PERSON.
Stage of Idea
PASSPORT SIZE ,PICTURE OF ME.
A PICTURE OF ME (IN WHITE SWEATER)WITH PROFFESORS IN ALGERIA