Published on June 12, 2016 um 19:50
Explain your idea in details:
Main goal of the project is to support inclusion process in Europe through promotion of social entrepreneurship. For achieving this goal, we need to: -Encourage Immigrants to popularize their culture, and kitchen is the best representation of this -Support immigrants employment through social business -Create culturally diverse alternatives of the catering services for organizations We plan to develop online platform, that will unite on one hand immigrants or organizations that are working with migration issues, and on the other customers: casual people, nonprofit or for profit organizations, who are using catering services for their events. The platform will be developed as a Web, iOS and android application. this will make accessibility easier. Parallel to this processes, we will on one hand start collaboration with organizations working with migrants, and on the other hand with organizations who will become our main customers. So when platform is launched, we will already have active events. Platform will also include information about cultures as well as recipes and stories from previous cultural events. The idea is to create diverse offers and include not only integration, but bring benefit to all involved countries by offering culturally colorful kitchen catering. Innovation: we suggest easy and cultural way of economic inclusion of migrants into local European communities. We use IT technologies to make things easy and accessible: we do not need buildings and expensive materials, as well as there is no need for kitchen gadgets. As easy as it is: we only create community, everything else is automatized by online systems: therefore there is no need to worry about any risks of investing money from the migrant's side. This idea does not request too much investments, while solves problem on various levels. the main thing we need is network, community involvement and good platform development.
Expected impact of your idea on sustainable development
-We expect change to happen on different levels - first, when we see a refugee, or immigrant who comes in search of new opportunities, we hardly manage to get to know their culture and story. when this person will provide for you or your organization a catering service, you open up this community in many ways. You start to understand each other and culture. -Once I was talking to school director explaining why it is important to make more contact with Roma youth in Georgia. he sarcastically asked me: shall I sit for dinner with this kids? actually, opening up your kitchen to someone, opens up your thoughts and you basically become Less discriminative and your attitudes changes as well. later on your communication becomes viral and more and more people open their doors. -More people ask themselves, even if refugees or migrants stay, what can they do? some find jobs, some need more support, especially women. offering what you know very well - preparing your cultural dishes supports Social and economical inclusion. - We bring more people into idea of social business and social innovations. This our main tool for sustainable development especially of vulnerable groups. NGO projects will finish one day, things will get forgotten, while social enterprise will continue to work based on it's income from creating service and goods. based on circumstances, at the moment our first and foremost target groups are refugees from Middle East. though, any migrant community can become beneficiary of this project, bringing more diversity to it. To measure our success is very easy - only thing we need is to have coordination team, who will monitor active use of our services and sales. Besides, as for instance on couch-surfing, we will offer meet ups of our customers and employers,
Plans for implementation and sustainability
- We plan to present this idea on first level to possible stakeholders, to make research and emphatize with them, to enrich our idea, we need more involvement of our beneficiaries in it.
- As a second step, we plan to present this idea on various platforms, and make sure that we can get support. we already have developers who can make web and applications for very low price.
- As soon as we have gained enough contacts and have supporters, we will start to work on the platform. this stage includes getting familiar with our main segment as well as our main partners - our main segment - who gets our value are our migrant beneficiaries, as well as NGOs who can get cheap and diverse catering services. Our partners are those organizations who are roof entities for migration issues. we will also work with companies, who would like to be advertised on the platform.
- then we need to create our main channels - web, and applications, as well as start planning our activities, such as promotional tours, information meetings as well as meet ups of community members
- Our main resources needed include - human resources - our coordination team, who will also plan meetings and register first beneficiaries. We also need developers and hosting for web.
- Our main work as a startup will be voluntary contribution. while we will still need costs for technical team as well as hosting and maintenance of the platform.
- main revenue streams we see from our partners as well as advertisers and as soon as platform is launched, from income some percentage will be transferred to tech-team, for maintenance of the platform.
Dear friends, My name is Teo, I come from Georgia (republic). It is small country inbetween Turkey and Russian federation. We struggled a lot, only in past 20 years we have been in war 3 times, this gave us lots of negative experience and challenges. 10 % of our population is Internally displaced. Lots of people left country because of economic crisis and many of them became migrants, who finds difficult both, to come back and to integrate where they actually are. Therefore we started NGO, that works with on one hand conflict affected communities, and on the other we try to create enough opportunities for young people so they do not have to leave country. Every day I see how integration process makes lives difficult, and as I see what is happening in Europe, It hurts me and makes me think of new approaches. I think being Social entrepreneur is one of the best ways for sustainable change. At the moment I and my organization we own small Social cafe, where we employ youth as well as provide trainings and interesting activities on daily basis. having cafe or open kitchen for me is the most honest and positive way of inclusion.
Stage of Idea