Published on: 05.08.2016
This is a short interview we conducted with Chibuike B.K Emmanuel, the founder of “EDEN-GCP”. If you like the concept of this idea and would like to vote for it, click HERE.
- What is your background? (Nationality, age, education, field of work). Please tell us your full name and the name of your project.
My name is Chibuike B.K Emmanuel. I am a 35 year old Nigerian who studied Mechanical Engineering. However I have been actively involved in the development sector as an Impact Entrepreneur for over 10 years now. I serve as the Co-founder and Director of Corporate Affairs for EDEN-GCP.
- Describe your idea or project in two sentences.
EDEN-GCP is a social-venture that focuses on environmental-protection, sustainability and incubation of environmentally-based enterprises. We cleanup communities, empowering youth in the process and inspiring hope.
- What are the benefits you take from the Entrepreneurship Campus?
The platform have given me an opportunity to see and be inspired by the great projects that young people are on working on from all around the world. Entrepreneurship Campus renewed my faith to know that there is hope for our world
- What motivates you to be an entrepreneur?
Africa’s youth bulge is amazing-the continent has the highest number of young people in the world. However at the same time the continent battles with jet-speeding high youth unemployment rate. This high unemployment feeds so many of the vices on the continent. I want to be able to help solve this problem whether it from creating wealth from our vast natural resource, maximizing our youthfulness or harnessing our problems into economic fortes-just as EDEN does with waste and environmental degradation. By doing this I hope that a whole lot of other young Africans will be inspired by my successes as well as failures-and spring up to become entrepreneurs themselves; thereby providing a geometric solution to a geometric problem.
- Imagine you have ‚supreme power’ to create and innovate: how would your world look like? What changes would you like to make in your community and/or in the world? Share your thoughts from a ‚supreme power’ and entrepreneur standpoint.
Peter Drucker in his lifetime foresaw the emergence of an entrepreneurial society. If I had super powers, I would sped up this process to bring forth this society. In this society the new entrepreneurs becomes all the inhabitants of the society. The definition of entrepreneurship here then transcends from just profiting from business opportunities to creating change and make a meaning. The entrepreneurial spirit will be embraced by all businesses, individuals, organizations and government. Our world will be much better off.
- What would you say to potential voters who may be reading your interview?
EDEN GCP started from humble beginnings to today impacting over half a million people. Your vote will help us create much more impact and change the lots of many. So just get voting and tell everyone one you know to vote also. To learn more about the work we do, please visit www.edengcp.org. Thank you!
• NOTICE: If you want to see more submitted ideas and projects at the Youth Citizen Entrepreneurship Competition, visit BEST IDEAS and BEST PROJECTS and VOTE for the ones you think deserve to WIN the Competition!