#MEET ELoi Academy
Published on: 28.08.2017
#MEET ELoi Academy
This is a short interview we conducted with Oluwagbenga Ogunsanya, the creator of ELoi Academy. If you like this project and would like to vote for it, click here.
1. Please, tell us a bit about yourself: where are you from and what is your background?
Ogunsanya Oluwagbenga, 24yrs old, is from Nigeria. He is a rational thinker that pays great attention to detail. His commitment to obligation comes less much in words and much more in getting things organized and done. He tends to be very practical and systematic. He works well when dealing with tasks and people issues. He is currently studying at Lagos State University and he has no work experience, but a young lad with a great mind which is full of mind-blowing ideas.
2. Can you describe your idea or project in two sentences?
ELoi Academy is a platform that will provide unique forums for improving and upgrading level of education in Nigeria. Our company is going to be organizing annual competitions, basic programming classes, career talks, project exhibitions, industrial visitations etc.
3. How did you get your idea or concept?
The thought of this idea occurred to me when I was actually doing some comparison based on the changes that have occurred in the Nigeria educational system before and after I was born. The degradation happening day in day out is very alarming, so, there is the need for proper connection among technology, entrepreneurship, skills, talent, industries, and education.
4. What is unique about your idea/project and how does it benefit mankind?
My idea is unique because it would be the first of it kind in Nigeria, and it would be providing a solution to the major sector of any country i.e Education, which serves as the backbone of every nation.
5. Describe yourself as an entrepreneur in one sentence
In 2015, I led my school team to a 4th place victory in the Eli Strategy and Business plan competition for all tertiary schools in Nigeria.
6. How do you deal with people that doubt your abilities/initiatives?
I have always been surprising them with success, irrespective of what they say, I have always pressed-on to achieve my aims in life.
7. Where does your passion lie?
Education and Technology
8. What are you afraid of or what keeps you up at night?
What lies ahead of me in life.
9. According to you, money is a synonym for…..
10. If you could rid the world of three things, what would they be?
- Bad leadership
11. What are the benefits you take from the Entrepreneurship Campus?
I have learned so many things from the Entrepreneurship Campus. The comments from the participants have been helping my idea grow big a lot, and it is making more sense now. Thanks.
12. What do you like more about the Entrepreneurship Campus?
The initiative, the online, and the interactive platform.
13. Which idea/project do you like most?
NOTICE: If you want to see more submitted ideas and projects at the Youth Citizen Entrepreneurship Competition, visit BEST IDEAS and BEST PROJECTS and VOTE for the ones you think deserve to WIN the Competition!