fields of expertise
Entrepreneurship, business planning
I´m constantly looking for
Training services especially business start-ups
Tel: +254 722 115031
Email: [email protected]
Adept at managing multiple, diverse tasks simultaneously; work well under pressure as an Innovator and entrepreneur. Experienced in all aspects of business formation, operation, finance, and management (MSEs & SMEs). Visionary product developer with deep education in research and analytics. Effective communicator and motivator who identifies and leverages assets in teammates to reach organizational goals. A relentless optimist who believes there is no failure, only feedback.
• Doctor of Philosophy in Business Administration-May 2019-Date: Student at University of Kabianga
• Masters of Business Administration MBA (Entrepreneurship) University of Kabianga –September 2014-December 2019.
• Bachelor of Business Management- Enterprise Management Option: 2nd Class Honors-Upper Division, University of Kabianga, May 2010 to July 2014:
• KASNEB Certified Secretary section Part II (3&4) – May 2017
• Kenya Certificate Of Secondary Education: Kaplong Girls High School: Grade: C Plus (C+), 1996 to 1999:
• Kenya Certificate of Primary Education: Kichaba Primary School
OTHER CERTIFICATES AND TRAINING
• Public Policy process-September 2019 by The Business Advocacy Fund (BAF)
• Livestock sector management workshop and excursion – Mount Kenya university 3rd to 7th October 2016 (Botswana)
• Small Micro Enterprise Training Kericho County Government –Lead star consultants July 2015
• Lead trainer Dura coat –May 2014 Kenya Industrial Estate (Kericho branch)
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Strong command of business and management principles,
• Resource allocation, production methods, and leading others.
• Deep technical background in business analytics,
• Strong project management skills.
• Motivated team player
• Excellent interpersonal communication.
• Initiator and problem-solver using creativity, resourcefulness, and assets to break down and overcome organizational obstacles.
• Lifelong learner committed to staying on top of the best current and emerging business practices.
July 2019-Chief Executive Officer KNCCI Bomet Chapter
• Promoting, coordinating and protecting commercial and industrial interests in the county;
• Promoting trade within and outside the county;
• Organizing participation in trade activities;
• Fostering social unity within and promoting the welfare of the business community;
• Promoting and supporting legislations;
• Collecting and disseminating trade information; and
• Promoting training on principles of commerce and industry.
Masaai Mara University & Bomet University of College
Entrepreneurship & Business Management Lecturer
November 2017- Date
Business Development Coordinator
Lead Star Africa Ltd
• Providing support for entrepreneurial activity and innovation to SME’s,
• Lead coordinator the provision of working capital for new start-ups, and coordinating incubator operation.
• Assisting SMEs to adopt information technology, and providing guidance concerning computerization.
• Lead coordinator of One-stop Service Center to help solve funding difficulties.
• Assist in the establishment of a sound accounting system and capital funding for the SME Financing Service Team project.
• Training users for a loan management system.
November 2016-November 2017
Deputy Director (Cooperatives)
County Government of Bomet
• Providing technical advice in Cooperative development and investment;
• Preparing reports for policy formulation;
• Enforcing compliance with co-operative legislation;
• Designing, coordinating and monitoring the implementation of cooperative activities, programs and policies;
• Carrying out market research and disseminating research findings;
• Promoting value addition;
• Conducting co-operatives banking inspections;
• Undertaking co-operative risk assessment; and
• Designing new financial products and credit policies.
November 2015- November 2016
Assistant Director (Cooperatives)
County Government of Bomet
• Promoting cooperative societies;
• Advising on co-operative investment;
• Overseeing co-operative elections;
• Analyzing data for policy formulation;
• Developing and monitoring work plans for co-operative extension services;
• Overseeing co-operative activities in several co-operative societies;
• Evaluating co-operative activities and trends for promoting the co-operative movement;
• Enforcing compliance with cooperative legislation.
April 2014 to 2015 June
Kenya Industrial Estate
• Prepare feasibility studies and business plans for clients in line with the company’s lending policy and support growth of a quality loan portfolio in liaison with their supervisors;
• Appraise clients and vet loan applications for disbursement purposes;
• Assist clients on projects implementation to appraise investment proposals;
• Undertake debt collection of all the disbursed loans, receipting and banking of payments in adherence to the company’s set policies;
• Collect industrial raw data and update projects database on disbursements, appraisals and all in the loans in the pipeline;
• Participate in the preparation of station returns and arrange insurance covers for KIE-funded projects;
• Ensure effective monitoring and evaluation of All the invest projects generated;
• Participate and Carry out business development services (BDS) or training programmes for clients/advisory to all clients;
• Ensure effective Marketing of all KIE products and services countrywide.
• Prepare an annual plan for KIE using the statistics collected from project appraisals;
March 2013 – Dec 2013
Youth Enterprises Development Fund
Duties and Responsibilities;
• Contribute to the design and implementation of an elaborate company credit control policy.
• Take part in the review of company credit control procedures, develop and implement enhancements.
• Set and monitor company credit limits to ensure an acceptable level of risk exposure.
• Take part in the design, implement an appropriate means of collections with the assistance of the Credit Manager, Field Sales Staff, and ensure that the Direct Debit Payment System among clients is appropriately monitored and documented.
• Assist in the generation of legal documents for use in the credit function.
• Initiate the vetting of new credit clients and review existing credit clients.
• Be the custodian of company debtors’ record for the overall debtors’ asset portfolio.
• Maintain an accurate and up to date clients’ accounts records by setting up and maintaining client files.
• Reconcile transactions and balances regularly to maintain debtors’ accurate accounts.
• Obtain and maintain sufficient information to assess the creditworthiness of new and existing clients.
• Ensure that payments are correctly allocated, to the appropriate account and against the appropriate invoice(s).
• Maintain regular clients and Field Sales Staff contact to ensure timely collection of due debts.
• Prepare monthly collection targets for Company clients and Field Sales Staff and ensure that targets are achieved at all times.
• Handle any disputed accounts to ensure that payments are in line with company credit policy.
• Trace down missing debtors.
• Analyze the company debt portfolio on monthly basis to establish high risk accounts for reporting and recommend for resolution.
• Undertake complex reconciliations and compilation of necessary support documents for bad debts.
• Initiate and enforce ‘Stop Supply Orders’ to overdue accounts.
• Negotiate payment schedule with bad debtors, clients in financial difficulties or arrange for goods possession or re-possession to cover for the outstanding debt.
• Identify bad debt accounts requiring the assistance of a collection agency or legal action and coordinate collections with third party contractors.
• Direct collection from company clients by telephone and visits all over the country
2007 January-2009 December, Saosa Factory, James Finlay (K) Limited
Duties & Responsibilities
Maintaining an excellent standard of hygiene in the laboratory and its surroundings
Coordinating handling of non-conforming raw materials, product in-process and final product in a Simatic process through a controlled system (PCS7) in an automated plant.
Ensure the activities planned by management are adhered to accordingly.
Controlling the training of new staff
Compile reports and plan duties as directed by management
Help in installation and commissioning of test equipment in the laboratory.
Responsible for laboratory records e.g. storage of glassware, and other testing materials and maintenance of laboratory cleanliness.
Participate actively in first Aid
2000 – July 2001: Sogoo Sec. School
Duties and Responsibilities
Teacher Mathematics and Business Studies
Patron Business Club
OTHER PAST EXPERIENCES HELD
1. Vice-chair Bomet Municipal Board
2. Class Rep MBA Class
3. Youth Coordinator – Sogoo ward Narok County
4. Board Member of Kichapa Primary School
5. HIV/AIDS workplace coordinator – KIE
6. Vice Board Member Korara Special School
Dr. Patricia Chepkwogen
University of Kabianga
PO Box 18
Tel: +254 0721 122 073
Beatrice C Kirui
Policy & Institutional Capacity Building Specialist,
Kenya Crop and Dairy Market Systems Development Activity (KCDMSD)
Erick Kipngeno Korir
First name / Last name