Subject of agreement
The Citizen Entrepreneurship Competition is an international program launched by Stiftung Entrepreneurship (Entrepreneurship Foundation, Germany), Digital Experts United and the Goi Peace Foundation. Interested parties may register and have access to content and information contained on the platform. No fees are charged by Stiftung Entrepreneurship for use of the platform. Competition guidelines are available at: Competitions Guidelines
On the website, users may sign up for a newsletter with up-to-date information on the competition. This newsletter may be unsubscribed at any time on the website.
Participation in the competitions
- To participate in the competition, successful and valid registration is required. Each person may only register once on the platform. Multiple accounts, registration under a false name, a pseudonym, via multiple e-mail addresses or under different names are forbidden and will result in deletion of all accounts.
- In order to register, the user must first complete and send the online registration form, in which the following information must be entered: full name, user selected password, an e-mail address at which s/he can be reached.
- Following registration, the user will promptly receive a confirmation e-mail from Entrepreneurship Campus to the address entered.
- You need to be aware that by entering your idea or project in the competition, you are undertaking a risk of it being copied by someone.
Formal contract and period of applicability
- The user contract between Stiftung Entrepreneurship and the user is considered valid with the user’s successful registration on the platform. By sending the confirmation e-mail, the Stiftung Entrepreneurship accepts the user’s offer to enter into the user contract.
- The user contract is valid for an unlimited period of time.
- Both the user and Stiftung Entrepreneurship have the right to terminate the user agreement without stating reasons and without giving notice. Termination will be effective with one party informing the other in electronic form (e-mail) or in writing.
- Accounts may not be transferred without the written permission of Stiftung Entrepreneurship. This also applies to the user rights resulting from the user agreement; these are neither transferable nor assignable.
- The user confirms that all information and content entered on registration is correct, up to date, available and complete. S/he is obliged to inform Stiftung Entrepreneurship via e-mail of any changes as soon as they apply.
- The user is responsible for their password confidentiality and for protecting this and their account from unauthorized access.
- The user is responsible for all activities on their account resulting from culpable loss of their password and/or knowledge thereof by third parties. S/he will indemnify the Stiftung Entrepreneurship immediately against all possible damages resulting from the above.
- Should the user lose their password or have knowledge of misuse of their account access data, s/he is obliged to inform the Stiftung Entrepreneurship immediately by e-mail to supp[email protected]rg.
- On receiving knowledge of possible misuse of the user’s password, the Stiftung Entrepreneurship maintains the right to block the user account and remove all content from the platform. In such a case, the user will be immediately informed by e-mail.
- The user pledges to refrain from any activities that damage system or network security, as well as those which endanger the performance or availability of the platform.
- The user pledges to maintain the confidentiality of all information s/he receives on entry presentations unless the entrant has given express permission to disclose it.
- The user pledges to evaluate ideas presented to them only in cooperation with the owner of the confidential information. An evaluation of the idea – complete or in part – will not take place without the agreement of the idea-owner.
- The confidentiality obligation is not applicable for entries whose content comprises already published know-how or is available in openly accessible sources.
Requirements for submitted entries
- The user guarantees that all submitted content does not infringe valid law, especially criminal law, competition law, copyright law, trade mark, and other labeling laws and/or personal rights and is free from rights owned by third parties. In addition, user content may not be racist, race baiting, discriminatory, pornographic, insulting, defamatory, or offensive against accepted good morals in any other way, or, considering the character of the platform, inappropriate. Stiftung Entrepreneurship maintains the right to reject content entered by the user and/or to delete such content where it contravenes the above principles, valid law or accepted morals.
- The user pledges to release the Stiftung Entrepreneurship completely and unconditionally from any claims whatsoever resulting from obligations due to the culpable injury of the above-mentioned points. This release includes the responsibility for legal costs, especially lawyer costs in line with the German Lawyer Compensation Law (RVG) which regulates applicable legal fees.
The Stiftung Entrepreneurship pledges to observe applicable data protection laws. Further information is available in the data privacy statement at: Privacy Statement
Finality of all decisions
All decisions are final. There is no right of appeal. The prize awarded in the competition is non-transferable and may not be substituted by another prize.
German law only is applicable for any disputes between users and organizers.
Place of jurisdiction
For disputes concerning rights and obligations, Berlin is the place of jurisdiction.
Should one or more clauses of this agreement be invalid, both the site operator and the user agree that this will be replaced by a legally valid clause that is closest to maintaining the intended provision. The invalidity of individual clauses does not affect the validity of the complete agreement. Should adherence to this user agreement be unconscionable to the user, this clause will not apply.